Sunday, May 23, 2010

52CP21: Affirmation

Good Sunday morning to you! Are you ready to be inspired? On Friday the post on my other blog discussed a blog post by Brene Brown that I loved and linked to, and I decided it was worthy of sharing here, too, for sure! Go check it out - pay special attention to the video - and then come on back here...

Isn't that the best?! There were several reasons I love this post: I love the concept of the twinkle lights as a metaphor for joy, I love Brene's version of TGIF, and I adore Jessica's affirmation! One thing that caught my attention was the double meaning of her phrase, "I can do anything good". She might be saying "I can do anything well" in a childish way (likely), or she could be saying that she can do anything that is good, as in beneficial, uplifting, etc. Either way, worth repeating and acting on...

The other thing from this video that I wanted to bring to your attention is that she listed all the things she liked: she liked her hair, she liked her cousins, she liked her dad, she liked her pajamas, etc. It is a very true principle that what we focus on expands, so why not list what we like and put the focus there? The Law of Attraction kicks in and we get more of what we like, because we're already appreciative of what we have! This brought to mind an item that another favorite blogger, Marta Dansie, sells in her online shop. It is a mini diary that is designed so that you just have one word entries in it, five per day - one for each of the senses. I loved that idea, too, so I made one for my project this week:


Papers: Stampin'Up! Summer Picnic; Accessories/tools: SU! large flower and 5-petal flower punches, EK Success retro flower punch, red gel pen, button, sewing machine

I purposely kept it simple and flat so I could tote it around without too much trouble and/or not destroy it in the chaos that my nightstand can become. Here's a peek at the inside:

I stitched the pages to the cover down the inside fold, and that's all there was to the construction. The diary measures 3" x 4 1/2" (cover), with the inside pages being slightly smaller (8 1/2" x 11" paper cut into quarters, then folded in half).

And that's it for this week! What will you affirm this week? What will you create? Here's Mr. Linky:

1 comment:

Kristen H said...

I didn't say it before, but this is a really neat project. This would be great to give to our grandkids too! They would love to think of answers to this, they are very creative. It would spark their mind for some in depth thinking.
A good thing for the long summer break! Thank you for the wonderful idea.