Sunday, July 11, 2010

52CP27: She's Amazing

I found this most amazing video on Brene Brown's blog earlier this week and knew it needed to be here, too:



You can read the backstory to the video HERE, and nominate an amazing person HERE. My amazing person is my mother and, rather than make something new this week, I'm posting a card I made for a Splitcoast Stampers challenge a couple of years ago:

Stamps: Close to My Heart My Mom and Soul Mates Word Puzzle; Ink: CTMH Holiday Red, Versamark; Paper: CTMH Holiday Red, White; Accessories/tools: Cuttlebug with Top Note die and textile embossing folder, white embossing powder, ribbon, decorative-edge scissors, computer (For part of the sentiment - Amazone BT font)


Here's what I said about the above picture:
For the "Feeling a Little Nostalgic" challenge for the Holiday Challenge Extravaganza. This card is dedicated to the memory of my mother. She raised womanhood in general - and motherhood in particular - to a high art. She fostered a love of reading, music, creativity and learning, among other things. I've traced my love - bordering on passion - for the color red to the shaker on the right. My mother used it for cinnamon and sugar to put on our toast, and to sprinkle on leftover pastry bits when she made pies before she baked them... To me it represents all that is joyful, comforting, encouraging, and "home". How can you not love that?
And there you have it! Who is your amazing person? Your challenge this week is to create something to honor her. Hopefully we'll have a very full, very amazing gallery this week!



2 comments:

Sherry said...

I love these Flash Dances! I've seen a number of them and always amazed that they can get that many people in that small an area to all move the same way in such a short period of time! It truly is Amazing ... thanks for sharing Sue!

Beverly G said...

You always find cool stuff to inspire us. By the way, you're pretty amazing yourself.