Sunday, January 10, 2010

52PC02: Make It Count

For our inspiration this week, I've chosen a beautiful (short) VIDEO. Click over to see it, then come on back!

I sooo love that video! I'm seriously considering buying the gift set for everyone in my family! Ah, but I digress... Along with that inspiration, I've chosen to play along with another 52-week challenge this year, too - Heart the Art on Tyggereye's blog. Each Saturday she posts a journaling prompt, and then everyone makes an art journal page, or an ATC, or whatever. The Week One prompt was "Aim To?", which coincided beautifully with my inspiration here for the week! My aim this year - as in years past - is to Make It Count! To that end, I made a cover for my art journal:




Stamps: Stampin'Up! Essence of Love amd Brushstroke Alphabet, Hampton Art Postscript Alphabet; Ink: Close to My Heart Sunkiss Yellow and Honey, Stampin'Up! Kiwi Kiss, Versafine Onyx Black; Paper: Basic Grey Urban Prairie dp, DCWV pink and blue textured cardstock, GP white, Paper Company black; Accessories/Tools: Martha Stewart and Fiskars butterfly punches, SU! photo corner punch, CTMH stubble tool

The journaling on the inside of the cover says:

This year I aim to:
  • Define my passion and pursue it
  • Do something joyful each day
  • Strengthen connections with those I care about
  • Be fearless in art and life

Notice that I am aiming at goals, not resolving to reach them. There's a bit more flexibility and fluidity insinuated this way... Yes, I want to attain these things, but I don't want to feel constrained by them - I want it to be a natural, habituated way of being. I have a tendency to get caught up in routines and deadlines and forget to nurture my soul, so that's why I included the joyful clause. I haven't decided what the inside pages will be yet - watercolor paper? cardstock? bristol board? I dunno, so I left it unbound for the time being.

I also made an ATC:


Stamps: Close to My Heart Make It Count and various words from various sets, date stamp; Ink: Close to My Heart Olive, Heavenly Blue and Baby Pink, Versamagic Aloe Vera, Spring Peony, Sea Breeze and Pixie Dust, Versafine Onyx Black; Paper: CTMH Colonial White; Accessories/Tools: Corner Chomper, detail clear embossing powder, Nestabilities Labels Four

I stamped and embossed dates that were milestones in my life, then sponged colors over them, then stamped the words. Tricky tidbit on the sentiment: I wanted the "live" to be a different color, and I'm reeeeally bad at doing multicolor images in one stamping, so I didn't ink the "live" the first go 'round. After I stamped the main part of the sentiment, I inked up just the "live" with a Versamarker and stamped it so I'd have a guide, then went over it with a glaze pen - ta da!


That's it for me this week! Let's see what you all come up with! Please remember to add the keyword/tag 52CP02 if you upload to Splitcoast Stampers or another online gallery. Have a great week, and Make It Count!



4 comments:

Tyggereye said...

This is great! I love the butterflies and colors. Your blog is terrfic. Can't wait to see what you do next week. :)

SmilynStef said...

Another great one ... I love having Sunday inspiration.

Linda said...

I had thought to get this done in time to post for last week's challenge, but I think that Celebrate can also be used as my jumping-off point this year (I'm celebrating taking the risk of entering challenges LOL)

Thanks for a great, inspiring blog! (That video rocks!)

Sherry said...

Very inspiring video, I've seen it before and it sure does give you cause to think about our own lives doesn't it? Great find there girl! I am loving all of the Inspiration here Sue, wonderful way to start the week!